S M L / N J
1 1 0 . 5 4 N E W S
May 18, 2005
This working version is believed to be stable, but
we have not run our full regression-test suite.
Important bugfixes and minor feature enhancements.
- Runtime system:
- Fixed a GC bug that occasionally caused data corruption.
- Improved the heap sizing policy.
- Added a runtime flag that lets the user turn of aggressive
heap trimming. This can improve performance of programs with
very large heaps at the expense of causing a (very slow) space
- Added support for Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger").
- Added workaround for overloading bug in type checker.
- Word64.fromString should now behave correctly.
(Notice that Word64 is not an official feature. It's
current implementation is extremely
inefficient. We provided it just for the benefit of NLFFI so that
C functions that pass long long values can be used.)
- Fixed a bug in the implementation of div and
mod for IntInf. This also fixes a
corresponding problem with Word64 and Int64.
- Added a join combinator to ParserComb in
- Fixed serious bug in new implementation of structure
Atom in CML.
- Added singleton function to MONO_PRIORITYQ
- Fixed bug in GetOpt.getOpt.
- Added Atom.same and Atom.lexCompare.
- Interactive system:
- Added mechanism for re-creating a heap file for the
interactive system after configuration variables have been
- Added support scripts for Mac OS X PackageMaker and modified
config/install.sh so that it supports re-dumping a heap image
- Code generator:
- Added a gc protocol checking phase. This phase is enabled
with the flag check-gc. Flag debug-check-gc
turns on the verbose mode.