S M L / N J
1 1 0 . 5 2 N E W S
December 15, 2004
This working version is believed to be stable, but
we have not run our full regression-test suite.
Minor additions and improvements to library code; bug fixes.
- Interactive system:
- improved error messages related to .cm- and
.sml-files that appear as part of the command line
- The system can now (optionally) be compiled with 64-bit position
values (structure Position = Int64). See the
HISTORY file for more information.
- HashString.hashSubstring added.
- Atom.atom' now extracts a string from the given
substring only if it is not already in the table.
- Two simple but potentially useful statistics modules added to
- Minor performance improvements.
- bug fixes in PPC backend (does not affect SML/NJ directly)
- fixed bug in ml-makedepend
- tried to make scripts more robust against filenames that contain
whitespace (common under Win32 and Mac OS X)