S M L / N J
1 1 0 . 5 1 N E W S
November 18, 2004
This working version is believed to be stable, but
we have not run our full regression-test suite.
This version adds implementations of structures Int64 and
Neither Int64 nor Word64 are very efficient at the moment as they
do not rely on native machine support for 64-bit arithmetic
(and not even on such things as 32-bit multiplications with 64-bit
- Added structure Int64, an implementation of
non-native 64-bit integer arithmetic.
- Added an inofficial structure Word64, an
implementation of non-native 64-bit word arithmetic.
The structure is inofficial in the sense that:
- LargeWord is still the same as Word32
- the implementations of toLargeWord,
toLargeWordX, and fromLargeWord
are dummy placeholders that raise an exception when called.
- Added a few primops in support of the implementation of
64-bit arithmetic mentioned above.